Munster Rugby are excited to announce our Rugby Excellence Camps which will take place in Musgrave Park, Cork and Thomond Park, Limerick on the week starting Monday, 26th July.
Please note that the traditional School of Excellence will not take place this year due to the restrictions associated Covid-19.
The Munster Rugby Excellence Camps will provide a premium rugby experience children aged 13-16. Please note that places are strictly limited.
Players will partake in a week-long structured rugby development programme which will include core skill development, game understanding, position-specific training, appropriate strength and conditioning training and teamwork.
Throughout the week the players will receive top class coaching from Munster Rugby coaches, while guest speakers will present education modules on athletic development, mental skills and wellbeing, nutrition, and rugby performance, which are all vital for the stars of the future.
This will all take place in an enjoyable but challenging environment where players are encouraged to develop their all-round rugby ability and to learn the values that make Munster unique in the rugby world.
The ongoing impact of Covid-19 means that our camps will be run under Government and HSE guidelines. Our key focus is providing a safe and fun environment for children and coaches alike. A daily Covid-19 Health Declaration form must be completed for all attendees.
After booking your child’s place you will be emailed an Information Pack closer to the time outlining all relevant details and procedures for attending your camp (including Covid-19 protocols).
Camp places are strictly for players aged 13-years-old to 16-years-old.
The cost is €130 per child. A €110 Early Bird offer runs until Friday 18th June.
The Camps will be managed and run by fully accredited IRFU Munster Rugby coaches. All Excellence Camp staff have undertaken the National Garda Vetting process required to comply with the IRFU policy regarding recruitment and vetting to work in age-grade rugby.
To book your preferred venue, you will be asked to register with Easy Payments Plus to ensure secure payment. Please click here for more details or click the button below.
All bookings must be completed online, and camp numbers are strictly limited.
For any more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Excellence Camp Overview
WHO? Players aged 13 -16
WHEN? Monday, 26th July – Friday 30th July (5 days inclusive)
WHERE? Musgrave Park, Cork and Thomond Park, Limerick.
TIME? 9.30am – 12.30pm
COST: €130 Full Price
€110 Early Bird Offer (Ends Friday 18th June)
ON-PITCH: Munster Rugby 4 Cornerstones Programme (Catch/Pass – Ball Carry – Tackle -Breakdown)
OFF-PITCH: Athletic Development / S&C
Mental Skills and Wellbeing
Excellence Camp Terms & Conditions
▪ Munster Rugby Excellence Camp 2021 hours are from 9.30am-12.30pm. Munster Rugby is not responsible for children left unsupervised outside these hours.
▪ Children must be aged between 13-16 years.
▪ Payment is considered as acceptance of the booking conditions.
▪ Cancellations made up to one week before the camp will receive a 50% refund. Any cancellations made after this time will not be refunded.
▪ A Covid-19 Health Declaration form must be completed for all attendees prior to arrival each day.
▪ Munster Rugby cannot be held liable for damage to or loss of possessions. We strongly recommend that all valuables are left at home.
▪ Munster Rugby cannot be held liable for any medical expenses incurred as a result of injury obtained on the Munster Rugby Excellence Camps. It is understood that all participants take part at their own risk and are required to have their own insurance cover in place.
▪ In the event of any child becoming unwell with suspected Covid-19 symptoms, the parent/guardian will be contacted and asked to collect the child immediately.
▪ If a case of Covid-19 is confirmed, Munster Rugby will follow HSE guidelines and the required actions will be taken, up to and including the camp being cancelled prematurely.
▪ Should a camp be cancelled prematurely, a pro rata refund will be available to attendees reflecting the days missed.
▪ Should a camp be cancelled in line with HSE or Government advice prior to commencing, a full refund will be provided.
▪ Munster Rugby will reserve the right to suspend any child that causes disruption to the camp due to misbehaviour.
▪ Please be aware that your child’s photograph or video image may be taken whilst attending or participating in the camp and may be used by Munster Rugby for camp reports and promoting future Munster Rugby events on the Munster rugby website or social media channels. If you do not wish to give consent regarding the use of your child’s photograph or video image please contact email@example.com and state the same.
▪ Parent/Guardian must be contactable during camp hours.
▪ Munster Rugby reserves the right to cancel, amend, alter, and change any camp or its content without the need for prior notice.