Vacancy: Assistant Financial Accountant (Maternity Cover)
14th April 2017 By The Editor
Munster Rugby are inviting applications for the role of Assistant Financial Accountant on a one year fixed-term contract (Maternity Cover).
Reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for administering the Accounts Payable function, preparing monthly financial accounts and providing ad hoc support to the Senior Financial Accountant. The position is a one year fixed term contract (Maternity Cover), full-time role, and is based in Irish Independent Park, Cork.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the closing date for applications is strictly 17:00 on Thursday 27th April 2017.
For a full job description, please see below.
The Munster Branch IRFU is an equal opportunities employer
ASSISTANT FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
Operational: Senior Financial Accountant
Functional: Chief Executive Officer
Munster Branch IRFU Staff
Thomond Park Stadium Staff
- Receiving, accurate coding and entering supplier invoices and credit notes for all entities within the organisation.
- Preparation of the monthly payment process, including electronic transfers and remittance advices.
- Raising purchase orders and matching invoices to purchase orders.
- Dealing with supplier and staff queries in relation to invoices and expense claims.
- Preparation of monthly financial accounts and annual forecasts for Thomond Park Stadium Company Limited
- Preparation of income/cost reports and analysis in conjunction with budget holders throughout the whole organisation.
- Preparation of the draft annual budget for Thomond Park Stadium.
- Completion of Bank Reconciliations for bank accounts of the organisation.
- Preparation of the Bi-monthly VAT return for Thomond Park Stadium Company and Cork Rugby Stadium Company.
- Ad Hoc assistance with account analysis, general administration and support
to the Senior Financial Accountant and the Head of Finance and Operations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required from this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required. The holder of this position is required to respond with a flexible approach when tasks arise which are not specifically covered in this job description.
- Part-Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Finance department.
- Excellent communication, organisation and teamwork skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are essential for this position.
- Experience on a computerised accounting package, ideally SAP Business One.
- Good numeric skills, flexibility and experience of performing general accounts payable duties.
- The ability to work to own initiative.
- The ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and work colleagues is essential to this position.