Vacancy: IRFU Director of Communications
14th September 2012 By jess
The IRFU is currently inviting applications for the position of "Director of Communications".
The Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) is the governing body for the sport of rugby union in Ireland. It comprises four provincial branches Connacht, Leinster, Munster and Ulster, as well as the national governing body.
The Director of Communications will work closely with the IRFU Chief Executive and the IRFU Management team and will have responsibility for the development, co-ordination and management of an all embracing, results driven, measurable communications strategy and programme on behalf of, the IRFU.
Primary responsibilities will be:
- To lead the development and implementation of the IRFU’s communications strategy so as to ensure it is supportive of the IRFU’s key objectives, as set out in the IRFU Strategic Plan.
- To design and advise on all key messaging across all sectors of Irish Rugby.
- To direct and manage media relations on behalf of the IRFU across the media spectrum.
- To direct and co-ordinate the communications programme around the Senior Irish National Squad.
- To develop and direct a consistent internal communications programme for the IRFU’s staff.
- To act as a spokesperson for the IRFU.
The successful candidate will:
- Have significant experience in a communications role with a national or international organisation or company.
- Be a skilled communicator with proven and demonstrable experience of working with a wide range of media.
- Have an established track record in the development and implementation of Communications Strategies, including in the new media sector.
- Have the expertise and confidence to develop and deliver communications strategies and programmes to diverse groups including other rugby and sporting organisations, government and government departments and IRFU commercial partnerships at the highest levels.
- Have distinctive organisational, leadership and interpersonal skills.
This is an exciting role which enables the successful candidate to work across the entire spectrum of rugby in Ireland and represents a unique opportunity to meet the communications demands of Irish Rugby as a major sporting organisation both Nationally and Internationally.
The successful candidate will receive a remuneration and benefits package commensurate with this responsibility. This position is being offered on a 3 year fixed term basis. Applicants should note that this role will be based in Dublin.
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae (in confidence) with a covering letter supporting your application to Brónagh McDonald, TRB Associates, First Floor Whitaker Court, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 28th September 2012.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer.