Edinburgh’s Sam Hidalgo-Clyne had a drop goal charged down in the third minute of injury-time as Munster held on to win 16-14 at BT Murrayfield Stadium. An early try from the returning John Ryan put the Irish province in the ascendancy and they remained in front until William Helu’s first try for Edinburgh shortly after half-time. Two more Ian Keatley penalties made it 16-14 and it stayed that way despite the dramatic conclusion, as Munster ensured it remained four years since Edinburgh last beat them at BT Murrayfield. Edinburgh started the GUINNESS PRO12 campaign superbly with four straight victories but have now lost their last three matches. Alan Solomons welcomed four Scotland internationals back into the XV on Saturday night, with Alasdair Dickinson, Ross Ford and WP Nel all coming into the front row and Matt Scott at centre alongside Helu, who moves in from the wing to replace the injured Sam Beard. Munster made eight changes to their side, which included an all new front row of Dave Kilcoyne, Duncan Casey and Ryan, who was making his first start of the season. Donnacha Ryan, Conor Murray, Keith Earls and Ronan O’Mahony were also in for their first starts of the GUINNESS PRO12 season. And it was Ryan who opened the scoring after five minutes when he touched down under the posts following a powerful drive, leaving Ian Keatley with the easiest of kicks. Hidalgo-Clyne reduced the arrears with a penalty and moments later their hopes were boosted further when Gerhard van den Heever was sent to the sin-bin. The hosts were unable to make the extra man count and it was Keatley who kicked the next points on the half hour mark as Edinburgh were penalised during a scrum. Greig Tonks missed a drop goal shortly before the interval but another Hidalgo-Clyne penalty meant Munster’s lead was just four at the break. Edinburgh then went ahead six minutes into the second half when a great offload from Cornell du Preez saw the ball worked to Damien Hoyland and Tom Brown before Helu crossed, after receiving confirmation from the TMO. Hidalgo-Clyne struck the post with his conversion, meaning the lead was just a solitary point. Keatley then missed the chance to put Munster back in front and four minutes later, were reduced to 14 men when Francis Saili was sent to the bin. But despite having the man advantage, Edinburgh were penalised at the breakdown and Keatley was able to move Munster to within a point. And with 13 minutes left, the Irish province went back in front after being awarded a penalty at scrum time. Keatley expertly kicked from almost 50 metres out to make it 16-14. Edinburgh’s chances were dealt a severe blow when Tonks was sin-binned with five minutes remaining. But they had one last chance to win it in the third minute of injury-time when Hidalgo-Clyne had a drop-goal charged down and ended up knocking on. The 12 teams that comprise Guinness PRO12 are Benetton Treviso, Cardiff Blues, Connacht, Edinburgh, Glasgow Warriors, Leinster, Munster, Newport Gwent, Ospreys, Scarlets, Ulster and Zebre Official Website! http://www.pro12rugby.com/ SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel For More Great Videos https://www.youtube.com/pro12rugby Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/PRO12rugby Follow us on Instagram https://instagram.com/pro12rugby/ Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PRO12Rugby