Irish Women’s Team Named to Play France
4th February 2009 By Munster Rugby
The Ireland Women’s team will begin their Six Nations Campaign this Friday (6th February) with a match against France in St. Mary’s College RFC, Templeville Road. (Kick-off 19.30hrs)
Ireland Women’s Coach, Steve Hennessy, has picked a strong 22 with UL Bohs Joy Neville named as captain in place of the retired Sarahjane Belton. The experienced side has a combined 431 caps with one uncapped player, Connacht’s Clare Molloy on the bench.
The Women’s team will be hoping to build on last year’s 4th place finish and their recent strong performance against a select England side in December.
Speaking about his selection and the upcoming tournament, Hennessy said "I have been really impressed with the skills, dedication and commitment the girls have shown over the last number of weeks, I am just looking at the French game for now and with them first up at home It is a real chance for us to set out our stall for the rest of the season."
Tickets for this game are available at the gate.
Ireland Women’s Team v France Women –
15. Joanne O’Sullivan Richmond/ Ulster
14. Jeannette Feighery UL Bohemians/ Munster
13. Lynne Cantwell UL Bohemians/ Munster
12. Helen Brosnan Highfield/Munster
11. Amy Davis Blackrock/Ulster
10. Niamh Briggs Clonmel/ Munster
9. Tania Rosser Blackrock/ Leinster
1. Fiona Coghlan UL Bohemians/Leinster
2.Yvonne Nolan Blackrock/ Leinster
3. Gillian Bourke UL Bohemians/Munster
4. Caroline Mahon UL Bohemians/Leinster
5. Orla Brennan Blackrock/ Leinster
6. Louise Austin Blackrock/ Leinster
7. Sinead Ryan Blackrock/ Leinster
8. Joy Neville Shannon/ Munster (Captain)
16. Jess Limbert Cooke/ Ulster
17. Emer McManamly Blackrock/ Leinster
18. Kate O’Loughlin Clonmel/ Munster
19. Clare Molloy Cardiff Harlequins/ Connacht
20. Louise Beamish UL Bohemians/ Munster
21. Shannon Houston Blackrock/ Leinster
22. Grace Davitt Blackrock/ Leinster