The IRFU “Children’s Coach Course” is for coaches of Mini Rugby players aged 5-12.
Players are introduced to the game of rugby for the first time through participation in games with reduced numbers of 8, 10, or 12-a-side.
The goal is to develop players’ all-round skills and game-understanding with an emphasis on Fundamental Movement Skills delivered through basic Technical, Tactical & Physical course modules.
There is an emphasis on enjoyment and player development using best practice, the coach acting as a ‘Guide’ in a player-centred process.
- Participants must be a minimum of 16 yrs of age.
- Please note coaches aged 16-18 years are limited to performing in an Assistant Coach role, under the direct supervision and guidance of an accredited Children’s Rugby coach aged 18+
- Priority where required will be given to participants actively involved in coaching Mini Rugby players.
Numbers per course
1. Complete 3 online (pre-course) modules:
· Children’s Coach Course Introduction
· Mini Rugby Refereeing module
· Role of the Coach module
2. Complete online Concussion Awareness module
3. Complete Course Attendance
Note: Coaches have 2 Seasons to complete award requirements.
Sunday, August 13, 2023
Coaching Children Award – Musgrave Park; Click here to book & for more details
Saturday, August 19, 2023
Coaching Children Award – Young Munster RFC; Click here to book & for more details
Saturday, September 23, 2023
Coaching Children Award – MTU Tralee; Click here to book & for more details
Sunday, September 24, 2023
Coaching Children Award – Cashel RFC; Click here to book & more details
Sunday, November 5, 2023
Coaching Children Award – Clonakilty RFC, Click here to book & more details
Saturday, January 6, 2024
Coaching Children Award – Shannon RFC; Click here to book & for more details
Sunday, January 14, 2024
Coaching Children Award – Cork Venue TBC; Click here to book & for more details
Coaches must use the same e-mail to register as they use for Rugby Connect, or their qualifications will not link across on completion of the course requirements.
Closing date for registrations is one week prior to commencement of the course, any queries regarding the course can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org