Huge Response As Munster Supporters Renew MRSC Membership
11th June 2020 By The Editor
The Munster Rugby Supporters Club have received a huge response from Munster supporters after opening for renewals last week with thousands of fans signing up for next season.
An incredible 99% of members that have responded have chosen to renew their membership for next season, we are extremely grateful for everyone’s support as always.
Renewal of the Associate membership of the MRSC will open once this initial renewal phase ends for Full members on June 25th. The MRSC will communicate with all Associate members closer to the time with their next step details.
New members can join the Munster Rugby Supporters Club once we have completed our renewal period. You can email email@example.com to be put on a list to be reminded closer to the date.
The MRSC sought the opinion of supporters with a survey last month and that was key to shaping the MRSC membership for next season with an unchanged price of €50 and as many options as possible to facilitate all supporters at this difficult time.
Munster Rugby and the MRSC are working to develop the best format possible for Season Tickets under government guidelines and we will continue this work through the various stages of the government’s roadmap to ease restrictions.
Priority access to any tickets that we can make available following government guidelines will be offered to 2020/21 members.
By renewing your MRSC membership for the coming year, and maintaining it for the following season, you will also secure your seats for the 2021/22 season ahead of the renewal process for that season, which we know is important, not only for your own seat or terrace location but also for the shared friendships and community that we are all so proud of.
The MRSC and the MRSC committee worked closely together throughout this process and were strongly guided by the feedback from members and the survey to develop these options and to help us craft our approach to when we can offer tickets to members.
MRSC Membership Options
All season tickets holders for the 2019/20 season are being offered a credit/refund for the Guinness PRO14 fixtures that were cancelled owing to the COVID-19 crisis. Should you take a credit option, the credit will remain in your account for 24 months.
We have developed five options for members to choose what they would like to do. The deadline to take up one of these options to renew your membership and secure your seats/terrace locations expires on the 25th of June:
- Your MRSC account will be credited with the amount owed from the cancelled 2019/20 fixtures. You can then use some of this credit to pay for your MRSC membership for 2020/21 (€50 plus Ticketmaster service charge of €5.50) and leave the balance in your account to pay for future ticket purchases.
- You can leave the entire amount owed in your account to use for future ticket purchases and pay for your 2020/21 MRSC membership separately.
- You can choose to pay for your 2020/21 MRSC membership with your credit and leave the remaining balance, if any, to the club. This option is to facilitate supporters who expressed a desire to support the club financially at this time.
- You can choose to leave the amount owed from the 2019/20 season with the club and pay for your 2020/21 MRSC membership separately. This option is to facilitate supporters who expressed a desire to support the club financially at this time.
- You can request a refund for the cancelled 2019/20 fixtures and not take up the option of renewing your MRSC membership for the 2020/21 season.
We fully understand that everyone’s circumstances are different and that this is a trying time. We deeply appreciate the messages of support we have received from our members during this unprecedented time.
As always, the only way to retain your seat/terrace location is to renew your MRSC membership. By renewing your MRSC membership for the coming year and retaining it for the following year you will again secure your seat/terrace location for the 2021/22 season.
Once the approach to matches for the 2020/21 season regarding supporter attendance becomes clear in terms of government restrictions, your MRSC membership will provide priority access for available tickets.
We are working hard on MRSC exclusive events and competitions, to add to our existing communications in the coming months to keep members of the community of the MRSC connected with each other.
What happens next?
You can log into your MRSC account now and choose your desired option. Log-in here.
As we are working remotely the following email address and contact numbers are set up to help you if you are having difficulties with the process:
Phone: 061-421179; 061-421173; 061-421174
Please note that the telephone numbers above will be accessible from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Read the FAQs for MRSC members here.
Thank you for your continued support. It is the lifeblood of our club and will ensure we can come though this difficult time and once again enjoy great days in red.