Vacancy: Rugby Services Officer
5th December 2016 By Munster Rugby
Munster Rugby is currently inviting applications for the position of Rugby Services Officer. The Rugby Services Officer will support Clubs and Schools to become more effective and efficient in their operations to achieve the national objective of saving 70,000 volunteer hours through championing the IRFU Clubhouse Database System and Club Development Tool.
This position is being offered on a 2 year fixed term basis and will be based in the Munster Rugby Cork Office but will be required to travel throughout the Province as well as to IRFU Offices in Dublin when required.
To apply, please send your CV to Claire Cooke, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications is strictly 12th December 2016 at 17:00. Interviews will be held on Thursday 15th December 2016. A full job description can be found below.
Munster Rugby is an equal opportunities employer
- POST TITLE: Rugby Services Officer
- ROLE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION
To support Clubs and Schools to become more effective and efficient in their operations to achieve the national objective of saving 70,000 volunteer hours through championing the IRFU Clubhouse Database System and Club Development Tool.
- REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
- Community Rugby Manager – Operational
- Domestic Rugby Manager – Functional Manager
- WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Rugby Operations Team
- Munster Rugby Development Department Team
- Key IRFU Staff
- Rugby Clubs/Schools within Munster
The post holder will be based in the Munster Branch Cork Office but required to travel throughout the Province as well as to IRFU Offices in Dublin when required.
- Lead the pilot implementation of an online ‘Club Development Tool’ designed to assist clubs in the development and implementation of club (and school) development plans. As appropriate champion the use of the Clubhouse system as a means of achieving the objectives of the Action Plans.
- Support the club volunteers in implementing club development plans.
- To be the point of contact within the Munster Branch for the operation, support and training needs of clubs related to the IRFU Clubhouse System
- Provide training to selected club/school volunteers on using the Clubhouse System, and as required support the IRFU in collation of training and development needs.
- Assist with the delivery of an annual programme of club and community development events in association with other members of the Munster Branch Rugby Development team.
- Identify funding opportunities and support clubs with the preparation of funding applications, providing assistance with monitoring & evaluation.
- Identify examples of good practice in the areas of club (& school) management, club & community development amongst rugby clubs, sports clubs and other volunteer based organisations and share this information at all levels of the game.
- Raise the profile of work carried out in terms of funding and club & community development using the various promotional channels available through the IRFU and Munster Rugby.
- Provide support to Munster Age Grade representative team management.
- Provide regular reports to senior management and other relevant bodies as and when required.
- Develop mutually beneficial working relationships with other key organisations/agencies.
- KEY QUALITIES:
Applicants should, at the closing date for applications, be able to display and provide evidence of the following qualifications/training, experience, specialist knowledge, skills/abilities and personal qualities outlined below in this person specification.
|Qualifications with experience
A relevant third level qualification coupled with a minimum of 2 years work experience in at least two of the following areas:-
|Skills & Abilities
Please note IRFU Munster Branch reserves the right to enhance criteria to facilitate short-listing.