Vacancy: Team Services Manager (Maternity Cover)
6th September 2016 By Munster Rugby
The IRFU is inviting applications for the position of Team Services Manager (Maternity Cover). Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of the IRFU, the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective management of the Team Services Department to deliver a world class operation and service to all National Teams and IRFU stakeholders.
This position is being offered on a maternity cover/fixed-term, full time contract basis. The successful candidate will be based in Dublin.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Eoin Ward, HR Generalist (IRFU) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the closing date for applications is strictly 14:00 on Wednesday, 14th September 2016. Please note that the 1st Round of interviews will take place on Tuesday, 20th September 2016.
For a full job description, please see below.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer
TEAM SERVICES MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER)
Operational & Functional: Chief Operating Officer
- Team Services Executives
- Senior Team Services & Travel Executive
- Team Services Coordinator
- Baggage Master
- All IRFU Departments
- IRFU appointed Team Managers and National Managements
- Other Unions
- Excellent organisation and communication skills;
- Experience of Team organisation and team operations up to and including Senior International level;
- Experience managing people;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Independent ability to problem solve and strong initiative;
- Robust leadership skills and the ability to communicate clearly, assertively and persuasively;
- Experience working in an elite sporting environment;
- Proven knowledge and operational background in the administration and planning of International Team requirements.
General areas of responsibility to include:
- Effective management of Team Service department and staff;
- Perform site visits for all away matches for Senior National Team;
- Allocate representative teams to Team Services Coordinators & Executives;
- Effective staff management to deliver a world class operation to all teams;
- Ensure that season plans are maintained for each team and communicated to the appropriate stakeholders (IRFU Committee representatives etc.);
- Liaise directly with the appointed Team Managements;
- Provide effective logistical and operational planning for all aspects of the National Team operation;
- Travel and stay in National Camp during training camps and all fixtures/tours;
- Manage team operations while in National Camp;
- Perform match day roles duties;
- Ensure that National Team Players and Management have total clarity in relation to all logistical and operational matters;
- Liaison with the commercial and marketing department to deliver the commercial programme;
- To advise coding of accounts and approving invoicing in a timely and efficient manner;
- Ensure team and operational budgets are strictly adhered to;
- Ensure that Team requirements are communicated effectively to the host Unions for away fixtures;
- Ensure World Rugby Tour Agreements and 6 Nations protocols are adhered to for incoming teams visiting Ireland;
- Ensure all logistical and operational arrangements are made for IRFU Representative Teams:
- Training sessions
- Training equipment
- Match arrangements
- Function arrangements
- Any other logistical requirements
- Tour Agreement / Participation
- Development and delivery of agreed annual KPIs for Team Services Department;
- Strict adherence to team budgets;
- Maintain effective relationships with departments across the IRFU;
- Effective management of the Team Services department;
- Ensure a high standard of service is provided to all IRFU team and teams from the visiting Union;
- Portrays a competent and professional image of the IRFU.
- Diploma / Degree in Event / Project Management;
- Diploma in Management / HR.