Avonmore Milk Munster Schools Junior Cup
13th March 2006 By Munster Rugby
The semi finals of the Avonmore Milk Munster Schools Junior Cup take place this week, with St. Munchin’s and Crescent playing on Tuesday and Rockwell College taking on CBC on Wednesday
Tuesday 14th March 2006
St. Munchin’s College v Crescent College Comprehensive
Thomond Park, 3pm
Wednesday 15th March 2006
Rockwell College v Christian Brothers College
Clonmel RFC, 3pm
The semi finals of the Avonmore Milk Munster School Junior Cup, which is the premier under 15 s schools competition in the province, take place this week. Four teams have come through three rounds of quarter finals to reach this stage. The revitalised format is a new departure for the competition, which ensured that the last eight schools in the competition played at least two matches in three rounds of quarter finals, rather than a straight knock out to decide the semi final line up.
First up is the all Limerick clash between St. Munchin s College and Crescent College Comprehensive on Tuesday in Thomond Park. St. Munchin s College have had a clear run in the competition this year, defeating Castletroy College 14-3 in their opening game, and claiming a 6-0 victory over Christian Brothers College in the second round. Crescent had a comprehensive 25-10 victory over last year s champions Ard Scoil Ris, but found themselves on the losing end of an 8-3 score line to Rockwell College in the second round. The loss ensured they had to play a third round game, where they booked their semi final place with a 10-3 win over Castletroy College.
Rockwell College and Christian Brothers College will contest the second semi final in Clonmel RFC on Wednesday. Rockwell College also won their first two quarter final games, claiming a narrow 15-14 win over Presentation Brothers College in their opening game and defeating Crescent College in the second round. Christian Brothers College got the ideal start to their campaign, defeating Glenstal Abbey School 29-10 but suffering a setback in the second round when they went down to St. Munchin s. The loss meant they had to play a third round game to stay in the competition, and their 22-10 victory over local rivals Presentation Brothers College secured their place in the final.
AVONMORE MILK MUNSTER SCHOOLS JUNIOR CUP
- Thursday 2/2/06: Castletroy College 3-14 St. Munchin s College
- Tuesday 7/2/06: Glenstal Abbey 10-29 Christian Brothers College
- Wednesday 1/2/06: Rockwell College 15-14 Presentation Brothers College
- Wednesday 1/2/06: Crescent College Comprehensive 25-10 Ard Scoil Ris
- Thursday 23/2/06: Castletroy College 15-12 Glenstal Abbey School
- Wednesday 22/2/06: Presentation Brothers College 62-0 Ard Scoil Ris
- Thursday 23/2/06: St. Munchin s College 6-0 Christian Brothers College
- Wednesday 22/2/06: Rockwell College 8-3 Crescent College Comprehensive
- Tuesday 7/3/06: Castletroy College 3-10 Crescent College Comprehensive
- Wednesday 8/3/06: Presentation Brothers College 10-22 Christian Brothers College
- Tuesday 14/3/06: St. Munchin s College v. Crescent College Comprehensive, Thomond Park, 3pm
- Wednesday 15/3/06: Rockwell College v CBC, Clonmel RFC, 3pm.
Wednesday 29th March 2006
Avonmore Milk Munster Schools Senior Cup Final
Friday 17th March 2006
St. Munchin’s College v PBC
Thomond Park, 3.30 pm.