03 Mar 15
Conor Fitzgerald was the hero once again for Ardscoil Rís as he kicked a last minute penalty to send the Limerick school into another SEAT Schools Senior Cup final.
- Opportunities to Travel
- Keep Fit
- Best seat in the house
- Participation in our great game
- Full M.A.R. Members access to tickets
The Munster Association of Referees is giving you the opportunity to give back to the sport! Rugby referees enjoy the same benefits of the game as the players - without the injuries!
If keeping fit (referees run six miles in an 80 minute match), travelling, taking part in a lively social scene or getting an adrenaline rush is your idea of a great pastime, rugby refereeing could be for you. As well as the obvious benefits, a referee's constant study of the game enriches their enjoyment of this lifetime sport. There is more need for referees now than ever!
North Munster: Peter Fitzgibbon
South Munster: Dave McHugh
- George Clancy (Bruff)
- Peter Fitzgibbon (Thomond)
- Leo Colgan (Garryowen)
- John Lacey (Clanwilliam)
- Andrew Brace (Old Crescent)
- Kieran Barry (Midleton)
- Eddie Hogan O'Connell (Sundays Well)
- Chris Harrington (Kenmare)
- George Finn (Dolphin)
- Barrie O'Connell (Cork Constitution)
- Dave O'Flynn (Dolphin)
- Ken Imbusch (Young Munster)
- Mark Connolly (Young Munster)
- Derek Noonan (Bruff)
- Tommy O'Donoghue (Garryowen)
- Will O'Connor (unattached)
- Olly Hodges (UL Bohs)
- Shane Kierans (unattached)
It is IRFU policy that all domestic rugby matches must only be refereed by:
- Members of the Branch Referee Associations/Society
- Club & School Affiliated Referees
The IRFU policy on Club and School Affiliate Referees can be found here.
Clubs and Schools are responsible for the appointment of Club & School Referees when there is no branch referee association / society referee available.
The Branch Referee Associations / Society have no involvement of any kind with Club and School Affiliate Referees. Club and School Affiliate Referees are a club and school resource and responsibility only.
Should Club and School Affiliate Referees wish to become a branch referee they should make contact with their local Referee Development Officer.
Benefits to the game
Club or School
- Their affiliate referees are covered by insurance.
- Safer environment for their players.
- Better quality of matches for their players.
- Safer and more controlled playing environment.
- More enjoyable environment for their players with legitimate contest and continuity maintained.
Upcoming Affiliate Referee courses are listed in the events on the Domestic Game homepage once confirmed, please revert to same to find out details of any upcoming Affiliate Referee courses. These are free of charge and open to all school and club coaches.
05 Mar 15
This Concussion Awareness Workshop is free of charge and co-ordinated by the Munster Rugby Development Department, in conjunction with the IRFU and Waterford Sports Partnership.
09 Mar 15
IRFU Level 2 Head Course - Enfield - Registration to be announced
07 Aug 15 - 09 Aug 15
IRFU Level 2 Head Course - Enfield Registration to be announced
31 Aug 15 - 02 Sep 15