Event Information | MCD Concerts At Irish Independent Park
21st June 2019 By The Editor
Six concerts will be hosted by MCD Productions at Irish Independent Park this month.
MCD have produced the below guide with essential traffic, parking and event information for concert-goers.
Irish Independent Park is located in a residential area, it is requested that you respect the local residents at all times. There will be no parking facilities available at the venue, towing will be in operation.
See the Garda Traffic Management plan here.
Thursday, June 20: George Ezra (Approximate stage times: Gates open at 5pm, Kawala at 6.30pm; The Vaccines at 7.20pm & George Ezra at 8.50pm).
Friday, June 21: Walking On Cars with support from Lewis Capaldi & Tom Walker (Approximate stage times: Gates open at 5pm; Lewis Capaldi at 6.30pm; Tom Walker at 7.45pm and Walking On Cars at 9pm).
Saturday, June 22: The Coronas with support from Sigrid (Gates open at 5pm, see stage times at mcd.ie)
Sunday, June 23: Liam Gallagher (Gates open at 5pm, see stage times at mcd.ie)
Tuesday, June 25: Hozier (Gates open at 5pm, see stage times at mcd.ie)
Wednesday, June 26: Ms. Lauryn Hill (Gates open at 5pm, see stage times at mcd.ie)
Gates are scheduled to open each day at 5pm (subject to change), there will be no queuing permitted before this time.
These concerts are outdoor events – they will take place rain, hail or shine, please dress appropriately.
No re-admission will be allowed to the venue once your ticket has been scanned.
For the safety and enjoyment of all patrons, An Garda Síochána, Irish Independent Park and MCD advise that all parents and guardians have a responsibility to fully review and adhere to the age restrictions and conditions outlined here, before purchasing tickets to these concerts.
Strict age monitoring will be in place at all entrances and the promoter reserves the right to refuse admission without a refund to anyone who fails to comply.
This venue is located in a residential area, please respect the residents and the local community.
Do not litter, do not engage in anti-social behaviour or consume alcohol on the streets. Please follow instructions from security.
Do not bring backpacks or large handbags; please check www.mcd.ie for the full list of prohibited items.
Plan your approach to Irish Independent Park;
• Traffic & Parking delays are inevitable. Please use public transport.
• Plan your route in advance, leave enough time and check in with AA Roadwatch for traffic-related reporting.
• Follow signs on approach roads for directions to take to the venue.
• Limited accessible parking will be available – please email email@example.com to register for accessible parking.
In The Interest Of Health & Safety
• Under 14s are NOT allowed on the pitch either accompanied or unaccompanied. These concerts are not deemed suitable for children under 5 years old unless otherwise stated. We have no measures in place to facilitate babies and small children on site.
• Under 16s MUST always be accompanied by a parent or guardian who are to take full responsibility for them throughout the duration of the event.
• No queuing is permitted prior to gates opening.
• Obey the stewards and Gardaí and instructions given over the public address for your own safety.
• Don’t rush to exits after the concerts.
• Searching is a condition of entry to protect your safety and that of others.
We encourage all fans to walk or use public transport.
Allow at least an extra hour travel time to and from the venue.
As traffic and parking delays are inevitable, you are strongly advised to use public transport.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be NO parking facilities available locally. Please do NOT park illegally. Towing will be in operation.
By bus: Bus Éireann run services that will bring you within walking distance of the concert site.
The bus routes that serve this area are as follows:
• Extra services of the 213 from Lapps Quay to Black Ash Park & Ride will be running for the duration of the concerts. Return services will also be available immediately after the show finishes.
• 203 – Farranree to Ballyphenane (Return)
Plan your route in advance. For more information regarding bus times and locations, please visit www.buseireann.ie.
Check the AA Roadwatch website for reports on traffic on your route, www.theaa.ie/roadwatch/newsroom
An Garda Siochána Traffic Management Plan for road closure & restrictions here
Private coach providers travelling to the concert must seek stop approval from Cork City Council.
Car Parking is available in the City Centre. Click here for further information.
Taxi Drop-Off will be designated at Curragh Road before and after the event.
Please follow instructions on your ticket regarding venue entry. Your ticket will outline which route/entry to take into the venue. There will also be Event Security & Gardaí outside the venue on the day of the event to assist with any queries regarding entry to the venue.
- GATE B – Enter via Tramore Road
- GATE C – Enter via Pearse Road
Ticket & Guestlist Collection
- Ticketmaster will have box offices located at the GATE C Entrance
- The guestlist will be located at the GATE C Entrance
- Please contact the promoter in advance of the concert: firstname.lastname@example.org with any accessible requests or queries.
- For accessibility parking and further information please contact email@example.com.
- Please note that Accessible Parking must be booked in advance of the event.
- For further event information please check www.mcd.ie/www.ticketmaster.ie/www.garda.ie.