Vacancy: IRFU Rugby Programmes Officer
23rd November 2016 By Munster Rugby
The IRFU is inviting applications for the position of Rugby Programmes Officer. As a member of the Participation Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of programmes and initiatives to increase the recruitment and transition of players.
In particularly, they will be the lead for the ALDI Play Rugby Programme. As required, the individual will work with other team members to deliver a number of programmes to increase the number of people participating in rugby. This role will require working unsociable hours.
This position is being offered on a 2 year fixed-term, full time contract basis. The successful candidate will be based in Dublin.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Eoin Ward, HR Generalist (IRFU) at email@example.com. Please note the closing date for applications is strictly 13:00 on Tuesday, 6th December 2016. Please note that interviews will take place in the week commencing Monday, 12th December 2016.
For a full job description, please see below.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer
RUGBY PROGRAMMES OFFICER
Operational: Rugby Growth & Participation Manager
Functional: Director of Rugby Development
IRFU Participation Rugby Staff
Provincial Development Staff
- KEY QUALITIES
- Excellent organisational, administration, interpersonal, analytical, presentation, event management and teamwork skills.
- Previous experience of IRFU ran programmes
- Working knowledge of Tag & Touch Rugby
- Recognised degree or Higher National Diploma.
- A minimum of 2 – 3 year experience in a rugby related environment.
- Be the lead for the ALDI Play Rugby Programme. The role will be responsible for (and not limited to);
- Coordinate the operations of the Play Rugby Programme to achieve the target participation figures over the next three years;
- Responsible for product management and enhancement, to ensure that the Play Rugby Programme meets the future needs of players, teachers, coaches and parents;
- Work closely with Provincial leads to implement the programme and ensure that staff and resources are effectively employed;
- Implement and establish the communication process with each of the IRFU affiliated provinces, particularly the Community Rugby Officers;
- Working with our internal marketing team (and Aldi) on the promotion, branding, digital communication and event management of Play Rugby;
- Oversee the development of the Play Rugby eLearning platform;
- Working through the branches, oversee the national recruitment and upskilling of teachers in primary schools, education centres and teacher training colleges to deliver the Play Rugby programme;
- Responsible for central coordination and delivery of 4 Play Rugby Provincial finals and National finals;
- Responsible for the design, ordering and distribution of all Play Rugby Packs nationally.
- As part of a Participation Team, undertake the following:
- Co-ordinate the planning and delivery of Participation programmes (i.e. Mini Rugby, X7s, TAG and Touch);
- Liaise with identified Host Tag & Touch Venues and their volunteers to ensure IRFU Participation Rugby targets are agreed and delivered upon;
- Actively seeking out local opportunities to grow and extend the reach of the game;
- Support the management of International and Domestic Competitions (as Match Director) as scheduled. This includes the 2017 Women’s Rugby World Cup during July and August 2017;
- Adhoc duties as requested by your manager.
- Delivery of the Play Rugby Programme and achievement of targets over the next three seasons;
- Effective planning and implementation of rugby programmes and initiatives;
- Maintain effective relationships with various staff within the department and the IRFU;
- Establish efficient work practices and seek continuous improvement;
- Make effective and informed decisions in relation to the role and Department;
- Portray a competent and professional image of the IRFU on behalf of the Participation Team.