Vacancy: Munster Rugby Senior Financial Accountant
11th November 2016 By Munster Rugby
Munster Rugby are inviting applications for the role of Senior Financial Accountant.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operation of the finance department, preparing monthly financial accounts, and providing ad hoc support to the Head of Finance & Operations. The position is a permanent, full-time role and is based in Irish Independent Park, Cork.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com. Please note the closing date for applications is strictly 17:00 on Monday, 21st November 2016.
For a full job description, please see below.
The Munster Branch IRFU is an equal opportunities employer
SENIOR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
Operational: Head of Finance and Operations
Functional: Chief Executive Officer
Munster Branch IRFU Staff
Thomond Park Stadium Staff
- Management of 3 finance staff and professional development of those staff members.
- Manage the preparation and assume full responsibility for the monthly accounting close and monthly/quarterly reporting process presenting monthly financials to the Head of Finance.
- Lead the annual budgeting process including production of the long term financial plan.
- Liaise with the external Auditors in the preparation and finalisation of all group companies’ statutory financial statements, tax returns and on-site audit work.
- On-going review & documentation of all financial processes with a view to constant improvement of same.
- Cash-flow management across the organisation with a view to ensuring that sufficient funds are available to meet current commitments.
- Responsible for the analysis of all business costs and responsible for driving process improvement and cost saving initiatives. This will include periodic meetings with each budget holder.
- Provides technical and analytical support to the Head of Finance.
- Ad-hoc reporting to the IRFU on all financial matters.
- Management of the company car allocation and operation.
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 3-5 years post qualification experience.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written), organisation and teamwork skills.
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills with experience on SAP an advantage.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.