Anthony Foley To Be Remembered At Munster V Glasgow
20th October 2016 By Munster Rugby
Fans are invited to remember our dearly departed coach, former captain and friend Anthony Foley at Thomond Park when Munster play Glasgow Warriors in the European Champions Cup this Saturday.
From 11am, Books of Condolence will be open for all supporters in the Fan Zone under the East Stand and in the MRSC bar.
A special commemorative match programme, documenting Anthony’s life in rugby and the tributes paid to him in recent days, will be on sale at the ground with a percentage of proceeds going towards a fund or charitable cause to be agreed upon by the Foley family with support from Munster Rugby.
A minutes silence will be observed during which a special tribute to Anthony will take place in the West Stand. SUPPORTERS IN THE WEST STAND are asked to take their seats no later than 12:40pm in order to facilitate this.
On the pitch before kick-off, in recognising Anthony’s achievements and lifelong association with Shannon RFC, the Munster Rugby Supporter’s Club Choir will perform ‘There Is An Isle’, and soprano Sinead O’Brien will join the Choir to perform ‘Stand Up And Fight.
In further recognising his life in rugby, young players and students from Shannon RFC and his former school of St Munchin’s will form a guard of honour as the teams take to the field.
At half time the girls rugby team from Anthony’s native Ballina/Killaloe will take part in our mini rugby display alongside Bruff, Waterpark and Tralee/Listowel.
As demand is extremely high for tickets, we would encourage all Season Tickets holders unable to attend to please pass on their tickets.
Tickets from €;20 for Adults and €;10 for Juniors and are available to buy:
- online here
- NEW Ticket Office in the East Stand from 9am
- West Ticket booth from 11:30am
- Ticket Offices in Thomond Park 9am to 8pm (Thursday to Friday)
- Ticket Office in Irish Independent Park 9am to 5pm (Thursday to Friday)
The stadium turnstiles will be open from 11:30am.
The Munster Rugby Museum Experience is open from 11am until before kick-off.
All bars and food outlets inside the ground will open at 11:30am. ‘Tap and go’ – Contactless payments are now available throughout Thomond Park for amounts up to €;30. The Munster Rugby Stores will be open at the stadium with the East Stand store open from 11am, and the Mobile unit outside the West Stand also open from 11am.
- No one will be able to enter the stadium with alcohol or glass and customers will be requested to remove the lids of any soft drink containers on entering the stadium.
- Please do not enter the pitch area at any time and adhere to the stadium ground regulations found here.
- There will be stewards and security on site to assist you with your enquiries on the day, and to ensure that the event runs smoothly and safely, so please respect their requests.
Traffic & Travel
Park and Ride will be in operation from the following locations:
|Pickup Location||Start Time||Drop Off Point|
|Kilmurray Lodge||1100hrs||Thomond Park|
|Radisson Blu||1100hrs||Thomond Park|
|Southcourt Hotel||1100hrs||Thomond Park|
There is no parking in the vicinity of Thomond Park Stadium.
The public bus service from Henry Street (bus no. 302) runs every 20 minutes to Thomond Park.
Trains are available from the following locations through Irish Rail:
- Roscrea and Nenagh to Limerick – €;6
- Waterford to Limerick – €;13.90
- Tipperary town and Limerick Junction to Limerick – €;6.30
- Ennis to Limerick – €;12.50
- Cork to Limerick – €;27.70
Weather in Limerick
Cloudy with intervals of sunshine. Highs of 14 degrees.
This game will be broadcast live on Sky Sports.
Munster Rugby wish to thank you for your continued support.