24 May, 10:30
This week's Club Notes come from Cashel and Shannon Rugby Clubs.
New players are especially welcome and can contact the club through firstname.lastname@example.org or 086 60 11 1 11 to effect introductions. The All Ireland League starts earlier this year also, on October 1st, and The Charity Cup kicks off on 27th August. Coaches Dave O’Mahony, Paul Buckley and Matt Jeavons are in place again and are determined to hit the ground running to reverse the trend in recent seasons of poor starts to the campaigns.
Annual General Meeting
The AGM took place recently and the following officers were elected for season 2011-2012:
President: Ger O’Sullivan
Chairman: PJ Hayes
Secretary: Ray O’Neill
Treasurer: Shane Lowney
PRO: Roy Maguire
Fixtures Secretary: Barry Kirby
Under Age Chairman: Eugene Brennan
Finance: Noel Lawlor
Grounds: Finbar Hegarty
Rugby: Roy Maguire
Medical Officer: Dr. Colm Quirke
Referees Liaison Officer: Pa Noonan
Munster Branch Rep: Jim Downey
AIL Clubs Rep: Brian White
Senior Vice President: Roy Maguire
Junior Vice President: Eugene Brennan
The annual children’s summer camp will take place over three days from the 3rd August to the 5th August 2011 in the superb setting and facilities in The Vale. There will be a big emphasis on ball skills but also the camp will be working towards an adventure race in the rugby club grounds on the last day. F1 Fitness centre operator, Roger Adams, will be very much involved. Roger is an IRFU certified conditioning coach and his F1 Fitness centre has been recognised as a satellite centre for the Munster Youth Development Programme in the South West. It provides an opportunity for young rugby players to improve their physical conditioning as part of the Youth Talent Development Program. Roger will have a time slot each morning where he will coaching and mentoring the youngsters.
Essential information as follows:
• Fee: €50
• Time; 9.30 am to 1.30 pm each day
• Eligible: Boys and girls aged from 7 to 13 years
• Tee shirt, socks and shorts will be supplied to each participant.
• Contact; Maurice Shanley 087 8361995 or Email- email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
• Application form must be completed (available from Maurice)
• Parent or Guardian named must be contactable on the number given
• Camp will run from 9.30am to 1.30pm
• Clonakilty RFC or its agents are not responsible for children left outside these hours
• Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis
• Children will be broken into groups according to their age
• There will be some interaction between the different age groups
• Packed lunch and drinks
• Sun cream and sun hat if needed
• Football boots and runners
• Gumshield (there will be minimal contact during the camp)
• Change of clothing may be required on the last day.