Post Title: Operations Manager Thomond Park Stadium
ROLE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To develop and manage all operational aspects of the Stadium to the highest professional standards and within budget using of 3rd party service providers.
LOCATION: Thomond Park, Limerick
REPORTING TO: The Stadium Director
REPORTS: No direct reports
Indirectly; Key personnel from outsourced service providers.
The role will incorporate but is not limited to the following areas and responsibilities:
• Operational - Responsibility for the implementation of best practice Standard Operating Procedures for the effective and efficient management of the Stadium at all times including both match day & non match day events and activities. The management of all operational equipment, systems and services such as access control, ticketing, CCTV, screens, seating, and lighting, power, and data facilities.
• Customer Service - To ensure that the stadium is operated to deliver a first class experience for visitors & patrons in a safe, secure, and comfortable environment at all times.
• 3rd Party Contract Management - The supervision and control of outsourced service contractors such as catering, cleaning, security, waste, etc. to ensure delivery of quality standards in accordance with service level agreements and terms of contract. The management and authorization of all service contractors invoices.
• Health & Safety - The operation and management of all Health & Safety Control Procedures ensuring compliance with all statutory health & safety legislation including the management of all stewarding & security resources on match days and public events. Manage the Health and Safety Function for the Stadium including the facilitation of site inspections by external bodies, ensuring all work carried out complies with legislation and best practice safety rules, and formatting and revising the Stadium's Safety Statement.
• Maintenance of Equipment, Facilities and Grounds - To ensure that all equipment & machinery is properly cared for and maintained. To develop and implement the Stadiums preventative maintenance programme for the upkeep of the buildings and grounds. To undertake regular risk and safety assessment audits, ensuring reactive maintenance work is dealt with efficiently, within budget and to the highest standards.
• Project Management- To implement and manage approved projects involving construction, refurbishment and major maintenance work.
• Waste Management - To co-ordinate the environmental site cleaning and stadium waste management programme.
• Cost Control and Budget Management - Preparation of operational budgets, targets and controls and tight management of expenditure to within agreed limits.
• Other duties as may be assigned by the Stadium Director.
• Minimum of 5 years experience of facilities management in a facility of similar scale and complexity.
• Have excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Health & Safety and Preventative Maintenance.
• Proven track record in managing relevant outsourced service contractors.
• Capable of working within a team environment and on own initiative.
• Possess commercial acumen & budget management skills.
• Be proactive and customer focused with a track record of maintaining excellent customer relations in an operational environment.
• Safe and efficient operation of the facility.
• Customer satisfaction
• Effective management of 3rd party contractors
• Cost management
• Personal impact and communication skills
If you would like to apply for the position of Operations Manager, please email a detailed letter of application combined with an up to date Curriculum Vitae to:
Four Michael Street
Closing Date for Applications: 4th April 2008