19 Jun, 17:04
Ronan O'Mahony is one of five Munster academy players moving to a senior development contract for season 2013/14.
• The works were carried out between March 2007 to September 2008 by PJ Hegarty & Sons.
• The two stands are constructed using precast concrete frame and floors. Stiffness is provided using in-situ shear walls.
• The 135m long roof is supported onto the overhead Arch which is anchored at either end with the concrete pedestals. The rear of the roof is carried onto the back of the stands.
• Both stands were constructed without access onto the playing surface.
• The top of the Arch is approximately 40m above pitch level. This is similar to a 14 storey building.
• 840 tonnes of steelwork was used. All the steelwork placed end to end would stretch for 10 miles.
• 135 tonnes of steelwork are used in the construction of each arch.
• The back row of seats are 27m above the pitch.
• 20,000 m3 of concrete was used in the construction of the stands.
• 10,000 m2 (1 hectare) of cladding was used in the roofs and elevation.
• There is nearly 2km of handrails used in staircases and guardrails.