29th January 2024 By The Editor
Preparations are in full swing for the second-ever rugby match at a sold-out Páirc Uí Chaoimh on Saturday as Munster face Crusaders in Cork, in association with Pinergy.
A unique event, the sell-out game will see 40,885 supporters make their way to Páirc Uí Chaoimh for the second-largest attendance at a rugby game in the province.
With lots of work going on behind-the-scenes to prepare for the game, see some of the key info ahead of the big event below.
We will have full supporter matchday information covering all operational details ahead of the game shortly.
The game kicks off at 5pm on Saturday, February 3, with live TV coverage on TG4 from 4.30pm. Access Munster will also be broadcasting our first video watchalong at the game with former Munster and Ireland centre Barry Murphy and commentator Dan Mooney guiding you through the action.
Coverage will start from 4.50pm and you can sign up to Access Munster for just €4 here.
Did you know?
- This will be the first-ever meeting of Munster and Crusaders.
- The Crusaders will be led by former Munster Head Coach Rob Penney. Munster prop Oli Jager joined from the Crusaders in November after winning seven Super Rugby titles with the side.
- The goal posts in Páirc Uí Chaoimh are not fit for purpose for a rugby game. Like last year, the goal posts will be removed from Thomond Park and transported to the venue this week. The Virgin Media Park posts were not an option due to different fittings.
- GAA pitches are much larger than rugby pitches. Sponsorship hoarding boards will be placed inside the bowl to create the pitch perimeter and replicate the smaller rugby area.
- Match clocks will be installed in the corners as the scoreboard clock in Páirc Uí Chaoimh runs without stoppages.
- The stadium is located in a residential area and there will be road closures in place with full details to follow later this week.
- Additional temporary lighting will be added to the routes in and out of the stadium.
- Munster will wear our new adidas home kit and Crusaders will wear their black away jersey.