The inaugural Munster Rugby School of Excellence will provide a complete rugby experience for players aged 13-16.
Join us for a residential or non-residential camp at Rockwell College where players will experience a week in the life of a professional rugby player and learn the Munster values, such as excellence, integrity and community.
Please note that only non-residential places are available on the camp with residential places now sold out.
Date: Monday 12th to Friday 16th August 2019
Location: Rockwell College, Cashel, Co. Tipperary
How do I confirm my place on this camp?
Prices are €349 non-residential and €449 residential (sold out). Payment can be made in full or in three instalments.
The early bird offer of €399 residential and €299 non-residential ended on Friday 1st March 2019.
(Note: An administrative fee applies per transaction)
Click the button below to complete your booking.
Any queries, please contact:
Ray Gadsden: email@example.com
Bernadette Linnane: firstname.lastname@example.org
Munster Rugby School Of Excellence
Rugby skills and understanding will be developed through a game sense and technical excellence approach. Our coaching team includes current provincial and national age-grade team coaches.
Players will partake in a structured rugby development programme which will include core skill development, game understanding, position specific workshops, appropriate strength and conditioning training and teamwork.
This will all take place in an enjoyable but challenging environment where players are encouraged to develop their all-round rugby ability. Throughout the week the players will receive top class coaching from Munster Rugby coaches.
Players will also receive education in mental preparation, nutrition and video analysis which are all vital for the up and coming stars of the future.
- Top class coaching from professional coaches.
- Live like a professional rugby player.
- Visit from Munster Rugby professional players.
- Guest speakers throughout the week.
- Flexibility work and swimming pool recovery sessions.
- Learn about nutrition.
- Team and individual video analysis.
- All meals approved by Munster Rugby.
- Chance to make new friends for life.
- All players to receive a Munster Rugby T-shirt.
- All players to receive a match ticket to a Munster Rugby home game.
The School of Excellence is open to boys aged 13-16 years. It is envisaged that the Munster Rugby Girls Skills Camps will return to selected clubs this summer, please email email@example.com for more information.
Residential players arrive between 7-8pm on Sunday 11th August prior to camp commencement.
Non-residential players arrive at 9.30am on Monday 12th August.
Non-residential camp hours are 10am-4pm, Monday to Thursday.
All players finish on Friday 16th August at 3pm.
The camp will be held at Rockwell College, Cashel, Co Tipperary, E25 ED60
Shannon Airport: Shannon airport to Rockwell College
Cork Airport: Cork Airport to Rockwell College
Dublin Airport: Dublin Airport to Rockwell College
From the South: travelling on the M8, take the Cahir exit (Exit 10) and follow the signs for New Inn – R639. One mile/1.6km beyond New Inn, Rockwell College is located on the left.
From the North: travelling on the M8, take the New Inn exit (Exit 9). It is roughly 3 miles/4.8km to the college. The college is on the right-hand side of the road.
From the East: and via Clonmel, take the N24 west towards Cahir, and after approximately 3 miles/ 4.8 km turn right onto the R687 for New Inn. Entering New Inn, take care turning right across the R639 and drive one mile to find the college on your left.
From the West: and via Tipperary Town, take the N74 to Kilfeacle and Golden. On crossing the bridge over the river Suir in Golden drive for 70 metres and turn right for New Inn. (The most direct route is to continue to New Inn, but it is quicker to turn left towards Rosegreen (junction is reached after travelling roughly 3 miles/4.8 km from Golden); the road to Rosegreen leads up to Racecourse Cross, where, taking care, you turn right onto the old N8, now R639-and proceed a little over a mile/ 1.6 km to Rockwell College on your right.) If you follow the longer, but more direct route to New Inn, turn left on reaching cross-roads with a mini-roundabout, the R639; it is one mile/1.6 km to the college, on your left.
You can also enter Eircode E25 ED60 into Google Maps https://www.google.com/maps for the best route option.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Places on the camp will only be confirmed upon receipt of full payment or first instalment. Payment is considered as acceptance of the booking conditions.
- Non-Residential hours are from 10:00am-4:00pm (3pm on Friday for all players). Munster Rugby is not responsible for children left unsupervised outside of these hours.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org confirming your booking. Please also check your spam folder in case it is sent there.
- Early bird pricing applies until 1st March 2019. Full prices apply thereafter.
- Munster Rugby cannot be held liable for damage to or loss of possessions. We strongly recommend that all valuables are left at home.
- Players who have health/dietary requirements must notify the camp at booking stage.
- Players must be aged 13-16 years old during the week of camp.
- Munster Rugby cannot be held liable for any medical expenses incurred as a result of injury obtained at the Munster Rugby School of Excellence. It is understood that all participants take part at their own risk and are required to have their own insurance cover in place.
- The camp will operate on the highest safety standards. Munster Rugby shall not be responsible for any illness, disease, accident, travel delays or loss of property unless occasioned by the wilful act of negligence on the part of the camp or its employees.
- All Munster Rugby School of Excellence staff have undertaken the National Garda Vetting process and currently comply with the IRFU policy regarding recruitment and vetting to work in age-grade rugby.
- Munster Rugby will reserve the right to suspend any child that causes disruption to the camp due to misbehaviour. In such instances, no refunds will be made, and any additional costs involved, including transportation, will be at the parent’s/guardian’s expense.
- By signing the Munster Rugby School of Excellence application form or booking online, you accept that your child may be used in photographic or video material for promotional purposes by Munster Rugby.
- Parent/Guardian must be contactable during Sunday 11th to Friday 16th August.
- Munster Rugby reserves the right to cancel, amend, alter and change any camp or its content without the need for prior notice.
- One free ticket to a selected Munster Rugby home game will be issued to each participant for the 2019-20 season.
€100 (plus administrative fees) will not be refunded if a place on the camp is cancelled. Players who fail to arrive at the camp without notification will not receive a refund.