However with four of the Scarlets Welsh returnees unavailable for selection with Dwayne Peel, Mark Jones, Alix Popham and Lee Byrne all nursing injuries following their return from international duty this week, the coaches have been forced to make three changes to the starting 15 that secured their Powergen Cup final place with a win over Bath a fortnight ago.
Elsewhere however, there is a return to the 22 for both Scarlets loose-head props Phil John and Iestyn Thomas who have been sidelined with neck injuries for the majority of the season. With both Phil and Iestyn now fully recovered following major surgery, Phil returns at 1 to replace injured Craig Dunlea, while Iestyn takes his place on the bench at 16.
And with the announcement made earlier this week that six of our Academy players have signed development contracts for the season ahead, Saturday s fixture brings further proof of our development structure at work with a further four of our development players, Gavin Quinnell, Liam Davies, Ceiron Thomas and Darren Daniel all hoping to get their chance from the bench.
15. Barry Davies; 14. Dafydd James; 13. Matthew J Watkins;
12. Regan King; 11. Tal Selley; 10. Mike Hercus;
9. Clive Stuart-Smith; 1. Phil John; 2. Matthew Rees;
3. John Davies; 4. Inoke Afeaki; 5. Adam Jones;
6. Simon Easterby (C); 7. Gavin Thomas;
8. Dafydd Jones
16. Iestyn Thomas; 17. Craig Hawkins; 18. Vernon Cooper;
19. Gavin Quinnell; 20. Liam Davies; 21. Ceiron Thomas;
22. Darren Daniel