Having shortlisted the hundreds of entries we received suggesting names for the mascot, visitors to www.munsterrugby.ie have been voting on their favourite name, with almost 12,000 votes registered. The winning name will be announced on Monday, after our panel deliberates on the entries over the weekend.
The shortlisted names were:
The name of the mascot will ultimately be chosen by our panel, but the public vote will be taken into consideration.
The name that is eventually chosen as the winner will receive two tickets for Munster v Perpignan on April 1st. The four people whose names are shortlisted but are not chosen as the eventual winner will each win a Munster Rugby jersey from the Munster Rugby Store.
Terms and Conditions:
- Closing date for nominations: Friday 10th March 2006. Website poll open until Friday 24th March 2006.
- Competition open to all supporters of Munster Rugby
- Entries by email only
- Each separate entry must be on a separate email
- Multiple entries allowed
- Nominated names must be a maximum of 10 characters
- In the event of two or more people suggesting the same name that is then shortlisted, a draw will be made to select the nominee.
- The winner will be the person whose suggested name is chosen as the name for the mascot
- The prizes are as described, however, if this prize is unavailable, another prize of equal value will be given. There will be no cash alternative to the prizes. No Purchase necessary.
- The four runners up will receive a Munster Rugby jersey from the Munster Rugby Store
- The public vote will be taken into consideration, but Munster Rugby reserves the right of final approval. Decision is final.