Manage, develop and deliver high quality nutrition programmes through work with Senior, Academy and Sub-Academy players
- Develop a 'food-first' approach in nutrition education to support health and performance in all players
- Develop and implement innovative and evidence-based nutrition education sessions and resources to increase nutrition knowledge throughout the various levels
- Implement, manage and monitor a sports supplement programme that adheres to IRFU policy.
The successful candidate will have:
- A qualification at degree level in a relevant subject plus a recognised post-graduate qualification in Nutrition or a degree in Nutrition and/or Dietetics.
- A minimum of 3 years' post-graduate experience in the provision of nutritional support to athletes and coaches to improve performance, which includes working in the areas of power, strength and speed team sports.
- Demonstrated ability in all areas of planning, implementation, modification and monitoring of specific nutrition programmes to support high performance.
- Demonstrated competence in the education of young athletes, which uses a food-focused approach to health and performance.
- Experience of developing and implementing evidence-based innovative ideas and putting them into practice, including working in an applied and integrated multi-disciplinary manner
- ISAK Level 1 accreditation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; an effective and confident presenter to a range of target audiences including young people.
- Good IT (including dietary analysis), problem-solving and organisational skills.
- Full driving licence and access to a car.
- Eligibility to work within the EU is essential
To apply for this position, please forward a covering letter and your Curriculum Vitae, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Claire Cooke, HR Manager, Munster Rugby, Musgrave Park, Cork. The cover letter should state clearly how you meet the qualifications and experience required.
Closing date for applications is close of business on 21st May 2014.
Please note interviews will be held on Thursday 29th May and all successful candidates will be notified and requested to attend for interview by Friday 23rd May.
Munster Rugby is an equal opportunities employer.