10 Dec, 12:55
Munster A face Plymouth Albion at Waterford's Regional Sports Centre this Friday in the British and Irish Cup (ko 7:30pm).
The main responsibilities of the role will include;
· Co-ordinating a team of Strength & Conditioning Coaches in designing, delivering and monitoring pre-season and in-season squad physical preparation.
· Ensuring alignment between the academy, development and senior programmes and,
· The implementation of the IRFU development programme.
Reporting to the Head Coach, Munster Rugby and the IRFU Head of Fitness, the successful candidate will have:
· A minimum of five years' experience in a senior fitness or strength and conditioning position, ideally within a professional rugby environment.
· Recognised degree in physical education, human movement, sports science or equivalent.
· An industry recognised certification in strength and conditioning.
· Excellent coaching skills in all areas of high performance strength and conditioning.
· An appreciation of the structures of Irish rugby and the Long Term Player Development pathway.
· Excellent people management and leadership skills.
· Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
The successful candidate must be available to take up the position as soon as possible.
To apply, please forward your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter of not more than one page highlighting relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively to Human Resources Department, Irish Rugby Football Union, 10-12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The closing date for applications is the 3rd of September 2013.