Cork Constitution's Frank Cogan who will captain the Ulster Bank Ireland Club XV v Scotland
The Ulster Bank Club International team to play Scotland Clubs in Netherdale on Friday March 11th has been named. The team, which is coached by Dolphin's David O'Mahony, features 10 Munster based players in the 22, including Cork Constitution's Frank Cogan who captains the side.
Barry Keeshan, consistently one of the highest points scorers in the Ulster Bank League will start at outhalf, while Dolphin’s Eric Moloney will form one half of an experienced centre partnership alongside Clontarf’s Evan Ryan.
In the pack, props John Ryan of UCC and Christy Condon of Dolphin, both already capped at this level have been named in the starting line up, with Philip Donnellan of UCC taking one of the second row berths. The backrow is a highly experienced unit with former Club International captain Hugh Hogan packing down alongside Barry O’Mahony and Cork Con skipper Frank Cogan, who has been in impressive form this season, leading the side.
On the bench, a trio of Young Munster players are named including Ger Slattery, Liam Og Murphy and Alan Kingsley, with Cork Constitution’s Gerry Hurley named as the replacement scrum half.
This is the fifth season of this encounter and as it stands both teams have two wins at home.
The Ireland Club team will face England Counties on Friday week with a 5.30pm kick off in Anglesea Road
IRELAND Club Team & Replacements (v Scotland Club, Club International, Netherdale, Friday, March 11th 19:30):
15. John O’Brien (Buccaneers)
14. John Cleary (Galwegians)
13. Eric Moloney (Dolphin)
12. Evan Ryan (Clontarf)
11. David Mongan (Old Belvedere)
10. Barry Keeshan (Dolphin)
9. Matthew D’Arcy (St. Mary’s College)
1. John Ryan (UCC)
2. Richie Sweeney (St. Mary’s College)
3. Christy Condon (Dolphin)
4. Philip Donnellan (UCC)
5. Simon Crawford (Clontarf)
6. Hugh Hogan (St. Mary’s College)
7. Barry O’Mahony (Clontarf)
8. Frank Cogan (Cork Constitution)
16. Ciaran Kavanagh (Clontarf)
17. Ger Slattery (Young Munster)
18. Liam Og Murphy (Young Munster)
19. Damian Hall (St. Mary’s College)
20. Gerard Hurley (Cork Constitution)
21. Alan Kingsley (Young Munster)
22. Stuart Morrow (Ballynahinch)
IrelandClub Team Management
David O’Mahony – Coach
Pat McHale – Manager
Andy Wood – Assistant Coach
Eugene McEntegart – Strength & Conditioning Coach
William Duggan – Doctor
Ailbe McCormack – Doctor
Pat Downey/Jim Barden – Bagman