02 Mar 15
Dolphin's Rory Scannell has been named as the Ulster Bank League Division 1A Rising Star of the Month for January.
At the end of the course the coach is expected to develop individual players' abilities to undertake and adjust their specific roles in a changing environment within each of the identities of rugby.
Sport specific and generic modules are examined at a more advanced level, together with the introduction of modules which develop the coaches' ability to understand. Learning styles in conjunction with increasing the players' tactical appreciation.
The course develops the Assistant Coach as 'Facilitator'.
• Assistant Coach position (actively coaching at an appropriate level - Stage 4)
• Accredited level one coach or assistant coach
• Assimilated - Proven senior/professional rugby playing or coaching experience
*Priority will be given to head coaches working at the higher levels
• Full course attendance
• Sign code of ethics
• Log 60 hrs of coaching - diary (Stage 4 LTPD)
• Practical observation (area of assistance - Stage 4 LTPD)
• Produce written Unit Profile
Strengths & weaknesses profile of identities of rugby relating to player profiles (backs / forwards)
- Actively Coaching for 4 years at appropriate level (Stage 4) and update clinic (4 years).
- Liable to adjustment as required.
05 Mar 15
This Concussion Awareness Workshop is free of charge and co-ordinated by the Munster Rugby Development Department, in conjunction with the IRFU and Waterford Sports Partnership.
09 Mar 15
IRFU Level 2 Head Course - Enfield - Registration to be announced
07 Aug 15 - 09 Aug 15
IRFU Level 2 Head Course - Enfield Registration to be announced
31 Aug 15 - 02 Sep 15