29 May 15
The Munster Rugby Development Department recently held an information evening for players from the Schools and Clubs U-17 development squads and their parents.
At the end of the course the coach is expected to develop individual players' abilities to undertake and adjust their specific roles in a changing environment within each of the identities of rugby.
Sport specific and generic modules are examined at a more advanced level, together with the introduction of modules which develop the coaches' ability to understand. Learning styles in conjunction with increasing the players' tactical appreciation.
The course develops the Assistant Coach as 'Facilitator'.
• Assistant Coach position (actively coaching at an appropriate level - Stage 4)
• Accredited level one coach or assistant coach
• Assimilated - Proven senior/professional rugby playing or coaching experience
*Priority will be given to head coaches working at the higher levels
• Full course attendance
• Sign code of ethics
• Log 60 hrs of coaching - diary (Stage 4 LTPD)
• Practical observation (area of assistance - Stage 4 LTPD)
• Produce written Unit Profile
Strengths & weaknesses profile of identities of rugby relating to player profiles (backs / forwards)
- Actively Coaching for 4 years at appropriate level (Stage 4) and update clinic (4 years).
- Liable to adjustment as required.
IRFU Level 2 Head Course - Enfield Registration to be announced
31 Jul 15 - 02 Aug 15
IRFU Stage 4 Coaching Course (Level 2) Head Course - Enfield - Registration to be announced
07 Aug 15 - 09 Aug 15
IRFU Assistant Level 2 Course - Enfield
15 Aug 15 - 16 Aug 15
Level 1 Registration now open
21 Aug 15 - 23 Aug 15
This Community Refereeing Course is open to all rugby club members (male & female) aged 18 to 60 years of age. Ideal candidates should be reasonably fit, have a good understanding of the game and be available to referee.
13 Sep 15