23 May, 16:14
A Munster Under 17 combined selection of players from the Regional Development Squad and Munster 'B' Schools recently attended a 11 a-side blitz at Cork Institute of Technology grounds.
At the end of the course the coach is expected to develop individual players' abilities to undertake and adjust their specific roles in a changing environment within each of the identities of rugby.
Sport specific and generic modules are examined at a more advanced level, together with the introduction of modules which develop the coaches' ability to understand. Learning styles in conjunction with increasing the players' tactical appreciation.
The course develops the Assistant Coach as 'Facilitator'.
• Assistant Coach position (actively coaching at an appropriate level - Stage 4)
• Accredited level one coach or assistant coach
• Assimilated - Proven senior/professional rugby playing or coaching experience
*Priority will be given to head coaches working at the higher levels
• Full course attendance
• Sign code of ethics
• Log 60 hrs of coaching - diary (Stage 4 LTPD)
• Practical observation (area of assistance - Stage 4 LTPD)
• Produce written Unit Profile
Strengths & weaknesses profile of identities of rugby relating to player profiles (backs / forwards)
- Actively Coaching for 4 years at appropriate level (Stage 4) and update clinic (4 years).
- Liable to adjustment as required.