30 Jul 15
Former Munster and Ireland international Laura Guest has recently been appointed Highfield Women's Head Coach.
At the end of the course the coach should be able to demonstrate a competency in planning, alignment of plans empowerment underpinned by a greater self-awareness of personality and leadership style. The four sub-sections:
- Operational plans, periodised (fitness & conditioning) seasonal plans, game planning based on team profile and planning for specific opposition and long-term development.
- Alignment of Plans.
- Coaching skills, presentation skills, media skills, time management, match management, match analysis, sports psychology (profiling & mental skills), conflict resolution and selected rugby specific modules.
- Leadership and high performance coaching.
- Develop greater self-awareness, intrapersonal and interpersonal skills through Personality profiling.
- By invitation (5 minimum & 12 maximum participants).
- Currently Branches are invited to nominate candidates to the IRFU who they believe will play a significant role in coaching their representative teams and who satisfy the following:
• Accredited level 2 coach
• Head coaching position - at the appropriate level (Stage 5)
• Signed the Letter of Intent* (following interview)
*Priority will be given to head coaches working at the higher levels
The requirements are outlined in the Letter of Intent**. Basically, full course attendance, the implementation of the High Performance Coach Monitoring programme together with the submission of various self-assessments and written assignments.
- The accreditation is for 4 years (applied coaching), attendance at a refresher course will be required for re-accreditation.
- Liable to adjustment as required.
IRFU Level 2 Head Course - Enfield REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
31 Jul 15 - 02 Aug 15
IRFU Stage 4 Coaching Course (Level 2) Head Course - Enfield - REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED.
07 Aug 15 - 09 Aug 15
IRFU Assistant Level 2 Course - Enfield
15 Aug 15 - 16 Aug 15
The Level 1 course is for Head coaches working with 15 a side teams. The course deals with the Principles of Play by developing them through the use of Key Factor Analysis, applied to the Individual skills, mini-unit skills, unit and team skills. Full - Waiting List Available
21 Aug 15 - 23 Aug 15
Interested in becoming a referee? The Munster Association of Referees is giving you the opportunity to give back to the sport. Rugby referees enjoy the same benefits of the game as the players - without the injuries!
13 Sep 15