29 Aug 16
Garryowen beat Old Crescent in Limerick Charity Cup as both Young Munster and Nenagh Ormond received walk overs and reach the semi finals.
At the end of the course the coach should be able to demonstrate a competency in planning, alignment of plans empowerment underpinned by a greater self-awareness of personality and leadership style. The four sub-sections:
- Operational plans, periodised (fitness & conditioning) seasonal plans, game planning based on team profile and planning for specific opposition and long-term development.
- Alignment of Plans.
- Coaching skills, presentation skills, media skills, time management, match management, match analysis, sports psychology (profiling & mental skills), conflict resolution and selected rugby specific modules.
- Leadership and high performance coaching.
- Develop greater self-awareness, intrapersonal and interpersonal skills through Personality profiling.
- By invitation (5 minimum & 12 maximum participants).
- Currently Branches are invited to nominate candidates to the IRFU who they believe will play a significant role in coaching their representative teams and who satisfy the following:
• Accredited level 2 coach
• Head coaching position - at the appropriate level (Stage 5)
• Signed the Letter of Intent* (following interview)
*Priority will be given to head coaches working at the higher levels
The requirements are outlined in the Letter of Intent**. Basically, full course attendance, the implementation of the High Performance Coach Monitoring programme together with the submission of various self-assessments and written assignments.
- The accreditation is for 4 years (applied coaching), attendance at a refresher course will be required for re-accreditation.
- Liable to adjustment as required.
16 Sep 16 - 17 Sep 16
This one-day IRFU rugby specific emergency pitch-side care course is aimed at medical and paramedical personnel involved with club and school teams.
17 Sep 16
18 Sep 16
23 Sep 16 - 24 Sep 16
30 Sep 16 - 01 Oct 16