17 Apr 14
The ever popular Munster Rugby Summer Camps are back for Summer 2014.
At the end of the course the coach should be able to demonstrate a competency in planning, alignment of plans empowerment underpinned by a greater self-awareness of personality and leadership style. The four sub-sections:
- Operational plans, periodised (fitness & conditioning) seasonal plans, game planning based on team profile and planning for specific opposition and long-term development.
- Alignment of Plans.
- Coaching skills, presentation skills, media skills, time management, match management, match analysis, sports psychology (profiling & mental skills), conflict resolution and selected rugby specific modules.
- Leadership and high performance coaching.
- Develop greater self-awareness, intrapersonal and interpersonal skills through Personality profiling.
- By invitation (5 minimum & 12 maximum participants).
- Currently Branches are invited to nominate candidates to the IRFU who they believe will play a significant role in coaching their representative teams and who satisfy the following:
• Accredited level 2 coach
• Head coaching position - at the appropriate level (Stage 5)
• Signed the Letter of Intent* (following interview)
*Priority will be given to head coaches working at the higher levels
The requirements are outlined in the Letter of Intent**. Basically, full course attendance, the implementation of the High Performance Coach Monitoring programme together with the submission of various self-assessments and written assignments.
- The accreditation is for 4 years (applied coaching), attendance at a refresher course will be required for re-accreditation.
- Liable to adjustment as required.