28 Sep 16
Girls of all ages descended on Annacotty last week for UL Bohs' 'Give it a Try' night.
At the end of the course the coach should be able to demonstrate a competency in planning, alignment of plans empowerment underpinned by a greater self-awareness of personality and leadership style. The four sub-sections:
- Operational plans, periodised (fitness & conditioning) seasonal plans, game planning based on team profile and planning for specific opposition and long-term development.
- Alignment of Plans.
- Coaching skills, presentation skills, media skills, time management, match management, match analysis, sports psychology (profiling & mental skills), conflict resolution and selected rugby specific modules.
- Leadership and high performance coaching.
- Develop greater self-awareness, intrapersonal and interpersonal skills through Personality profiling.
- By invitation (5 minimum & 12 maximum participants).
- Currently Branches are invited to nominate candidates to the IRFU who they believe will play a significant role in coaching their representative teams and who satisfy the following:
• Accredited level 2 coach
• Head coaching position - at the appropriate level (Stage 5)
• Signed the Letter of Intent* (following interview)
*Priority will be given to head coaches working at the higher levels
The requirements are outlined in the Letter of Intent**. Basically, full course attendance, the implementation of the High Performance Coach Monitoring programme together with the submission of various self-assessments and written assignments.
- The accreditation is for 4 years (applied coaching), attendance at a refresher course will be required for re-accreditation.
- Liable to adjustment as required.
30 Sep 16 - 01 Oct 16
The Foundation Course is an introduction to the 15-a-side game for coaches and helpers with limited experience in rugby.
07 Oct 16 - 08 Oct 16
This two-day course is specifically designed for coaches of Mini rugby (6yrs-12yrs) where players are being introduced to rugby for the first time and participating in games of reduced numbers (8's, 10's and 12-a-side).
14 Oct 16