28 Sep 16
The Munster U18 Girls face Ulster in an Interprovincial decider on Saturday as they look to claim the inaugural title having beaten Connacht and drawn with Leinster in their opening two clashes.
This course is currently being revised for the 2016-17 season.
The Stage 3 course (formerly known as Level 1) is for Head Coaches working with 15 a side teams. The course deals with the Principles of Play by developing them through General Movement and the use of Key Factor Analysis, applied to the Individual skills, mini-unit skills, unit and team skills.
At the end of the course the coach is expected to identify and rectify technical deficiencies together with the ability of planning, organising, managing, communicating and developing the skills of his/her players through the implementation of sport specific and generic modules.
The course develops the coach as 'Challenger'.
• Participants must be 18yrs of age.
• Participants must have proven rugby playing/coaching experience
• Actively coaching a 15-a-side team (Stage 3 LTPD)
Numbers Per Course
35 maximum/20 minimum
• Pre-Course Requirement - all attendees must complete an online 'Concussion Awareness' module and examination before printing off their certificate of completion and presenting it upon arrival at the course. Details of this online module will be sent to all attending coaches in advance of the course.
• Full course attendance and active participation (including link courses)
• Pass a Laws test
• Log 50 hours coaching (diary) at appropriate level
• Complete a minimum of one Practical Coaching Observation
(NB) Further accreditation requirements will be identified in due course. It is envisaged coaches will be required to produce a season plan and complete a SAFE Rugby Level 1 Course (if not already completed). This course is currently being revised for the 2016-17 season.
The IRFU reserves the right to modify, replace or add to accreditation requirements in accordance with updates to Coach Development programmes.
The IRFU Coaching Accreditation Re-Validation programme is currently under development.
It is envisaged that IRFU coaching accreditations will be re-validated on a 3 yearly basis provided coaches have fulfilled specific 'Continuing Professional Development' (CPD) requirements during that 3 year period from when they received their IRFU coaching accreditation.
Such CPD requirements will vary by accreditation Stage/coaching level, and opportunities to build on existing IRFU coaching accreditations will be provided by way of provincial workshops, seminars and conferences as well as online resources aimed at promoting coach development in a more self-directed manner
30 Sep 16 - 01 Oct 16
The Foundation Course is an introduction to the 15-a-side game for coaches and helpers with limited experience in rugby.
07 Oct 16 - 08 Oct 16
This two-day course is specifically designed for coaches of Mini rugby (6yrs-12yrs) where players are being introduced to rugby for the first time and participating in games of reduced numbers (8's, 10's and 12-a-side).
14 Oct 16