17 May, 13:32
A selection of players from the Daughters of Charity in Munster recently took part in a challenge match at Garryowen Rugby Club.
SH calls for ball which is fed by 'X'. SH is required to pass 10 balls to 'Y' who is 12m away, touch cone and return for the next pass. After each ball receiver 'Y' holds a rucking shield (target).
• Distance of pass
• Pivot passing from the ground
Add 3 seconds for every inaccurate pass to total time to pass 10 passes & return to starting position.
Minimum of 3 players.
10 balls placed 5m from each marker. Marker placed 5m from side line, 5m from goal line (or 10m/15m). Player picks up a ball & kicks from designated marker aiming for between the uprights.
How many balls (out of 10) successfully through, & how long it took to achieve this, starting at the balls & finishing on the same line.
• Beginners - should kick from 15m out (running to the 10m line to pick up balls)
• Intermediates - should ruck from 10m out (running to the 5m line to pick up balls)
• Senior / Advanced - should kick from 5m out (running to the goal line to pick up balls)
• For the "inside - outside" spiral, kick from the other side